XR Technologies Foundations Masterclass
Our XR Foundation Masterclass is a full immersion course aimed at providing a deep knowledge of the XR technologies – VR, AR, MR – within the global immersive industry, using cases and first-hand experience on how these technologies are already being used to create compelling stories, new languages and business opportunities. Participants will become familiar with human perception and practical delivery of immersive technologies, to develop advanced knowledge of various key new technologies in the field.
The masterclass is intended to stimulate discussion and debate about immersive storytelling, and to develop new critical and creative thinking to grow a community of practice.
Who Is The XR Foundations Masterclass For?
The XR Foundations Masterclass is aimed at those who are new to immersive and wish to learn more about the potential of the medium, and the current state of this emerging industry and also those who have some experience in VR and want to bring their knowledge to another level: filmmakers, producers, writers, production designers, VFX supervisors, directors, journalists, new media managers, broad- cast TV executives, photographers, developers, commissioners from film,TV, games.
What Will I learn?
Participants at this 32 hours full immersive Masterclass will:
- Understand deeply the foundations of XR technologies, their potential in business, art & culture, entertainment, fashion & luxury, gaming and interactive immersive experiences and how media consumer’s attitudes are changing fast.
- Learn the key factors, steps, phases and process supporting 360, Interactive VR – 6DoF, AR projects to realise high-end immersive experiences.
- Dive into the methodology behind XR technologies and additional focus on camera movement and learning how these technologies are enabling immersive content.
- Discuss current industry trends and challenges and distribution models.
Our Masterclass is held for small groups of max 22 who are allocated on first come, first serve with subject to the eligibility criteria.
Eligibility And Selection Criteria
- Age: participants must be 18+
- Track Record: An experience in audiovisual, production, digital or equivalent credits will be viewed as a plus.
- Language: Participants must be fluent in English. The language eligibility will be assessed during the interview which will be conducted in English.
MIAT manages all services and activities in compliance with the regulations and indications of local and national authorities.
Typology: Workshop With International Art-Tech Experts
Didactic Material: International Case Studies, Curated Pieces, Design Thinking Project Development
Typology: Masterclass With International Immersive Guest Artists
Didactic Material: International Case Studies And Curated Pieces, Hands-On With Immersive Technology.
Typology: Masterclass With International Immersive Guest Artist
Didactic Material: International Case Studies, Experiencing Award Curated Pieces, Hands-On with Immersive Technologies, Pitch.
Typology: Masterclass with International top professionals and scientists
Didactic Material: Slides and Scientific references to Transparent displays, Waveguides and VR Optics; Matlab script with design kit for MR combiners.
Didactic Material: Slides with background theory, data and international case studies